Sunday 3 February 2013

ipads need fashion too!

The summer break has brought a lot of new things into my knitting life, and a couple of them came together over this weekend. My husband and kids convinced me that I should get an ipad of some description, and after much thought and a few visits to the new Canberra Apple Store I finally chose an ipad mini. I've become quite attached to it (understatement) and use it everywhere.

I'm also in several design related groups on Ravelry and after some initial trepidation I put one of my new ideas up for testing in the Free Pattern Testers group. It was a great experience and I have been really enjoying interacting with my testers so I think I will keep doing putting my new designs up there.

While I was checking on my testing threads late last week, a call from another designer caught my eye, Danna Rachel had put up a call for testing of ipad sizes of her previously published Cozy Fire Kindle Cover. So given that "mini" has become such an important part of my life I thought I would put my hand up as a tester.

So here's my Outfit for Mini



Its a really fun project and a great chance to try a new cast-on and practice a cast-off that I had only used once before. I used Judy's Magic Cast-on and Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off, refering to Cast On Bind Off 54 Step-by Step Methods by Leslie Ann Bestor. I highly recommend them and wish I had discovered them much earlier in my knitting career.

What technqies have you recently come across that you wish you'd found before?

No comments:

Post a Comment