Wednesday 20 November 2013

WIP Wednesdays #1

I've just discovered WIP Wednesdays over at Tami's Amis!

That's Work in Progress Wednesdays for the uninitiated, no whips involved at all (although you can amiguri anything I'm sure).

Here's what I'm working on at the moment, an Afloat shawl by Cindy Garland of Wild Prairie Knits. I'm using Malabrigo Finito in Natural (cream), Azules (blues) and Cereza (dark red) for a colour combo much like the designers original sample.


My camera battery has died recently and I need to order a replacement so we're stuck with the fairly poor, badly lit, ipad shot, but you can see the stripes are coming along nicely.

Finito is wonderful to knit with, I asked in the Malabrigo Junkies group on ravelry if they thought I should prewash and they suggested that I do, and to use woolwash not just water. So all the skeins got a bath in Soak on Sunday night and dried very quickly looped around the drying rack. And its lovely, just like knitting a cloud. When I started it was like I could see the yarn but not really feel it!

What's on your needles this week?




No comments:

Post a Comment